Thursday 8 September 2011

Homegrown Talent

Design Collective Scotland Pre LFW Showcase

 I am Just home from a wonderful night at Metropolitan Bar in Glasgow where Design Collective Scotland Showcased a sneak preview of some pieces they will be sending down the runway at London Fashion Week! As you all know I am the creative director for INAA.COM & we are sponsoring The collaborating designers so thought I should do my bit and go support! D.C.S consists of 4 designers, Emily Lamb, Iona Crawford, Marc Ross & Di Gilpin. They are making a fair point that actually Scotland has a hell of a lot to offer when it comes to talent! Everyone knows the saying of Little Fish in a Big Pond & That's what London is, people from all over the world fighting for their chance to 'make it' in whatever field they are in. So Why do we feel the need to go to London? They want to make 'making it' more accessible in Scotland!

With a Champaign reception, followed by cocktails, each designer had models from Colours Agency (The beauties that are Emily Shakarji, Amy Richardson, Samantha Davidson & Kirstin Gribbin, Chloe Kibble) walking around the room describing what they had on and who they were wearing! A new take on runway! I loved it! Below are some snaps taken by photographer Daniela Flores


Champaign Reception


Cocktail Reception




Some of The Beautiful Models Backstage


BLOODY GORGEOUS!


My favourite dress worn by one of my favourite people. Ms Emily Shakarji rocking Marc Ross


Emily Lamb Shoes!


IT'S SHAK & I

I had a wonderful night, & I wish all 4 designers all the best at London Fashion Week!


Rock'in It For Scotland

Peace & Love La









No comments:

Post a Comment