Thursday 21 April 2011

CONTROVERSY

So, after falling across a certain web page. It dawned on me. I'm so busy trying to prove I'm not just another wannabe, I don't pay attention to what's happening in the modelling world around 
me. I try not to read other peoples blog's either unless I know them and know that it's completely different, Its good to be inspired by YOU and not be influenced by other people's opinions.

So, I guess I'm going to tell you a story. I'm going to be as vague as I possibly can as I don't want to be done for slander. It's basically to WARN girls, and try and open everyone's eyes up to what's happening. I'm not good at being subtle so this may blow up in my face.

I was approached, about modelling about 5 months ago, by a certain someone. Asked to pop along and meet them in a Glasgow bar/restaurant, which I did. I took my Mum along with me. We sat and listened, the person had absolutely no experience in the industry, But knew of events, corporate events in Glasgow (still nothing to do with modelling) that if they 'represented you' then they would send you too. This would allow you to network with people and hopefully be discovered by someone. 'Right place at the right time' They were basically asking to be my agent. I could go on but that's the just of it. I'm quite clued up fortunately and knew this wasn't for me. My mum's alarm bells were ringing too. But for someone looking to 'break into' the industry and has no clue who to go to or how to go about it. This would sound like a pretty good idea? Being sent to London and wearing beautiful dresses. The answer is NO. This is not modelling and you are just as likely to be scouted on the street in fact more likely rather than at some corporate event. Modelling has a dangerous side, Something that is serious. You need to have your wits about you and think about your decisions. Questions you should ask yourself are 'Is this really going to benefit me?' 'Am I comfortable with this?' If it doesn't feel right then go with your gut. Another thing you should watch out for is 'Paying for your portfolio' This is a load of nonsense, a reputable agency will never ask you for money up front either. Girls. have a serious think before you get yourself into this industry. It's not as easy as everyone assume's. 

So Girls. Be sensible & safe.!
Don't quit your jobs. Stay in school and Uni, or Get a job, if you want to model go to an agency find out if they think you would get work, or do it the hard way, like me. But I wouldn't advice it.

Sorry if this post is harsh but its Reality. Modelling has become a bit of a joke here, everyone taking the piss out of it as every girl and their dog seems to be doing it.

ARE YOU REALLY A MODEL?
or
JUST ANOTHER WANNABE?


Peace Love & Hard Work
Fingers Up to the BASTARDS

La



No comments:

Post a Comment