Monday 27 June 2011

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Today, like every Monday, It's all about INAA. This week is very much all about the necessary essential stuff that keeps the wheels of INAA turning! I will not bore your with all the marketing and advertising gobbledygoogle! 

So after a long day at the office, I packed my bags and in fact moved into the big boss's house. Yes, I am house/catsitting. Who would have thought? Me?



I'm just finished conversing with Gary Wilson the designer I worked with last week through emails, after we launched the pictures and video from last week he has had loads of emails from models asking to work with him. But true to form and man of his word, Gary has told them all where to get to as I AM HIS GURLL. & He knows I have plenty of personalities to keep him entertained and amused. Modelling is a hard one, because essentially you want to be a muse, a creator and trend setter. But once you find your own style and create and 'brand' if you like, its hard to not get frustrated when people swan along and copy it? But that's really what the aim is? DOUBLE HEAD MESSImitation is the sincerest form of flattery - WRONG. I really don't agree, BUT am having to start to accept that its all part of the game. 

"An original artist is unable to copy. So he has only to copy in order to be original." Jean Cocteau 

I have to take it as a compliment and make sure I am always on top, recreating myself and in fact being inspiring. LET'S KEEP IT INTERESTING. Totally off topic but has complete relevance Reese Witherspoon said at the MTV Movie Awards, "I just want to say to all the girls out there, I know it's cool to be bad, I get it, But it's also possible to make it in Hollywood without a reality show! When I came up in this business, If you had a sex tape, you were embarrassed and you hid it under your bed. And if you take naked pictures of yourself on your cell phone, you hide your face!! Its possible to make it, and be a good girl. I'm going to try and make it 'cool'" NOW. Not for one second am I trying to say I am a good girl. But Girls. If you want to be a model, in the fashion industry KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON. I see SO many of these 'up and coming' models 'trying to break into the industry' that think they are fashion models, but all there pictures they are half naked. Anyone can be sexy. Modelling is about VERSATILITY. You can be sexy, quirky, boyish, commercial WHATEVER. You need to be able to fit the bill for whatever the client wants. In my opinion anyone can be sexy, it just depends on taste and preference. But being a good model takes more than showing a bit of flesh. And believe me, MORE is LESS in this situation. MORE CLOTHES LESS MAKE UP, FAKE TAN AND FAKE EYELASHES = SEXY. Believe me. Save it for the dance floor not shoots. 

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE PLAYING CATCH UP.

Peace, Love & Acceptance

La

No comments:

Post a Comment